Adoption day

Adoption day

Saturday, October 06, 2007

"Why do firefighters only kiss their mommies?"

Last weekend we went to Canton with my parents and brother's family. Bounce got a firefighters costume. He was so excited to try it on when we came home. He looked so cute in it and my dad asked if he could have a kiss. Bounce then asked me if firefighters gave kisses. I told him that firefighters only kiss their mommies, so he proceeded to give me several kisses. Fast forward four days later and he has on the costume again. He then asks me why firefighters only kiss their mommies. I had to tell the little guy the truth since he had obviously been thinking about it. Oh well, so if you see this little firefighter around town, he can give kisses now.

We studied dogs this week for the letter "D". We learned that dogs are mammals because they have fur, live babies and nurse their babies. Bella (our dog) was very patient as we examined her. After looking at Bella's nipples, Ketchup raised her shirt to show us hers. Good thing this is where the show and tell ended and the kids moved on to other things. I couldn't help but thinking later that I'm glad this lesson was at home rather than in a classroom, or are bashful little Ketchup might have been known as the class flasher:-)

No comments: