Adoption day

Adoption day

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thank God!

Way back in the '80's Amy Grant had this song that I would listen to . I can't even remember what the name is or even the exact wording of the verse, but in the song she sings that she is not aware of how she has been protected while driving. She alludes to God keeping from her a dangerous accident that she had no idea she even avoided.
Today we almost had one of those near accidents. We have been learning about the letter "P" for pillow and reading different bedtime stories, poems, and legends, etc. Our project for the week was to make pillows (the no-sew fleece type). I was sitting on the floor today working on cutting the fleece and just as I brought up my scissors to start cutting another strip, Bounce jumps falls head first on me so that I can hold him. The scissors hit him right in head. He cried out of pain, I wanted to cry out of horror and then when I saw he was OK (I really thought he was stabbed in the eye) , I wanted to cry out of thanksgiving because he barely has a scratch on his forehead.
Less than 2 inches and what a different story it would be. I am so thankful that God already knew what would happen and protected his little eye.
So now whenever I look at his pillow, I will be thankful for God's protection.
btw...I think the song is "Angels watching over me"

No comments: