Adoption day

Adoption day

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Mornings and Music

Lest you think I am falling apart over here, I can reassure you that I am not.  I am experiencing that peace of God that passes understanding because the situation is still the same - waiting mode.  But two small things are making big differences.
First, my mornings are getting a makeover.  I am not a morning person and can easily sleep in until noon.   I have also passed on this gift to Kailee.  But lately I've felt that maybe it's not so much of a gift as I thought since I'm sleeping a lot of my time away; time that is quiet and undisturbed.  So I began reading and following the advice in Early to Rise by Andy Traub.  So far, it is making a huge impact on my day and my attitude throughout.  I don't feel like I start off the day already behind and I am having wonderful time in the mornings with God that gives me the greatest jumpstart to whatever our day holds.
Second, our music has also been upgraded.  Air One radio is now on in the Metroplex, and the kids and I are enjoying the upbeat tempo and upbeat message.  Turning off the political talk (my usual go to station) and turning on music that is constantly helping me fix my eyes on Jesus has helped me sense God's peace throughout the day.
Now that my two commercials are done, I have to share what God showed me this morning.  I am reading through Exodus and using The Message Bible to change it up.  In Exodus 6 Moses is peppering God with excuses and questions as to why he certainly could not be God's man to lead the Israelites out of slavery.  Sounds a lot like me and all my questions and excuses to God about how He should not allow this baby to leave our home.  Verse 30 states that Moses said, "Look at me," when explaining to God how he was not cut out for God's plan.  But then in the next verse (Exodus 7:1), God replies with "Look at me," and all that He could and would do despite Moses and his hangups.  So instead of looking at myself and my situation and all the questions and concerns I have about it, I need to keep looking to God and who He is and what He can and will do to work out His perfect plan for our family, including baby.  My new mornings and music are helping me Look at Him even more.

No comments: