Adoption day

Adoption day

Friday, August 22, 2008

What's going on....

I thought I'd fill you in since I posted last

The Olympics - the kids and I have enjoyed watching the Olympics. They now recognize Michael Phelps and enthusiastically cheer him on. They were awed by all the gymnasts could do and attempted to perform their own gymnastic feats on our couch. I let Ketchup stay up late 2 nights and watch the women's gymnastics. She almost made it to the end both nights, but not quite.

We also quickly made the transition from keeping the house in a near to perfection showing state to an anything goes, see how many messes the kids can make at once state. While we were still showing the house and I was cleaning all the time, I wondered if how easily I would transition to a real-life looking house. Well here is the answer (the kids tent in the living room).

And I'm letting them fingerpaint as I blog, so I must have made the transition a little too well!

We also have seen God use our mission trip to Guatemala to help Bounce. A while back I asked Ozzie if it was OK for Bounce to have one testicle larger than the other one. He told me that was normal, so I didn't think any more about it. In Guatemala, Ozzie translated for a man who had the same problem but on a larger scale for 15 years. The man was treated and left the clinic healed and pain free. Upon returning home, Ozzie thought it would be best to have the doctor check Bounce just in case. Well, he does have a hernia and will have surgery mid-October. Who knows how long it would've taken us to realize something was wrong if God hadn't brought our attention to it in Guatemala. I even was able to witness a hernia surgery there, so I have a better idea of what the doctors will be doing. It is amazing to see how God is always working even when we don't realize it.

We are moving next week, so I don't know when I'll be able to post next. We are excited about our new house. It will be closer to Ozzie's work and the church. Originally, the kids weren't too thrilled about moving from our neighborhood, so I explained how many things we would be closer too. They quickly came to the conclusion that we would be closer to everything. This was the kids conversation about it the other day...

Bounce: Will Preston (their cousin) be able to spend the night again?
Me: In our new house, yes.
Ketchup: We'll be closer to Preston in our new house. Don't you remember we'll be closer to everything!
Bounce: Except God.

So I guess we're moving closer to everything, except God, but hopefully we are continuing to draw closer to Him as we trust in Him for the kids' health and all the details that go with closing and moving. He has been so faithful and we are excited for the next season of our journey with Him!

No comments: