Adoption day

Adoption day

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

On/Off Switch

My mind has a very touchy on/off switch. This is why I'm awake before 5am this morning. If the kids get up during the night, my mind will usually remain off and I can quickly go back to sleep. Tonight Ketchup's nightlight went out. Thought was required to find a new bulb and replace the burnt out bulb (note to self: never again buy light bulbs at the dollar store), so my mind quickly switched on to accomplish the task.
However, switching it back off is a different story. It's as if I am pulling on the switch, hanging from it, trying to get it into the off position, but it just won't budge. So I lay in bed thinking about what I should be doing instead of just lying there in the dark.
Turning off my mind is typically difficult to do without the help of Tylenol PM or Nyquil and I'm afraid Ketchup has this disorder, too. It takes that little girl a LONG time to fall asleep. Bounce, on the other hand, is just like his daddy, within 30 seconds he is out like a light.
So, here I am blogging instead of sleeping - plotting how many cups of coffee I'll need later this afternoon!

No comments: