Adoption day

Adoption day

Friday, November 05, 2010

4:45 AM

"The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy." John 10:10
This verse popped into my mind about two hours ago as I lie awake in bed. I think Satan is stealing my sleep. I only needed to make a middle of the night potty run. But as I walking half-asleep back to bed, I stepped wrong and my toe let me know it. This is the toe that has been hurting more on than off the last 6 weeks. The same toe that I broke 5 years ago. So then my brain has turned on as it evaluates the time passed, the pain, and whether or not I should see the doctor on top of my long to do list I have waiting for me today. Two hours later and I am still awake and now convinced that I have for the second night in a row been robbed of sleep.
Last night I was awake due to a throbbing cheekbone (Benjamin's head vs. my cheek during a race to give mommy a hug moment) and a loudly snoring husband. 9 hours of sleep isn't bad, but when those 9 hours are stretched over two nights, that's when I start to miss my lost time behind closed eyelids. I wish I could fall asleep quickly and be able to stay asleep, but that's not me.
One of Kailee's AWANA verses for this week was 2 Corinthians 12:9. God assures Paul (and me and you) that His grace is sufficient in our weakness. Being a light sleeper is my weakness and although I feel a lack of sleep headache coming on, His grace will be sufficient for me today.

No comments: