Adoption day

Adoption day

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Time to Catch up

Here are some pictures to fill you in on our fast flying month of October.

After studying frogs and giraffes, we had a fun day at the zoo with some close friends. It was neat to see the animals we had been studying up close.

My parents have had to come in town this month at different times in order to help out with Benjamin after his surgery. Ketchup and Bounce enjoyed their Tata while he was in town at the beginning of the month. They were able to wrestle and wrestle some more and my dad proved to be here at the right time to use his post hole digging expertise to help us put up a new fence.


This is a picture of our new backyard. We are enjoying the big, established trees and have completed the fence (just needs stain). I also put my "farming" skills to the test by getting the yard ready and then laying grass seed. We now have the beginning of a green lawn, but it took me about 3 weeks to recover from those 3 days of physical labor.

Bounce had his hernia surgery on Oct. 16th. He did really well. He was nervous at first, but relaxed and that "goofy juice" worked like a charm. My mom came in town to help me with the near impossible task of keeping him from bouncing or running or anything active for 10 days after. We have a countdown going and he has 2 more days to go. Here is a picture of my mom helping him figure out the DS that his cousin lent him to keep him on the couch. I think I can safely bet that a DS will be on Bounce's Christmas list.


Doesn't seem like that much when I put this all together, but it's amazing how much time has passed since I last posted. Life is busy but good!

No comments: