Adoption day

Adoption day

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our museum

Yesterday Ketchup was drawing on the white board and asked me how she could put her artwork in a museum. She was disappointed when I explained that you have to be asked by the museum, but then I suggested she could make her own museum somewhere in the house. This idea was the hit of the year! Both kids plotted and planned how to organize their museum and what they would put in it.
They never want to sleep together, but last night they wanted to so that they could wake each other up early to open their museum bright and early in the morning. After one hour of talking, I had them go to their own beds to get some rest. Ketchup explained that they were only talking about the museum, so I should have let them stay in the same bed. I told her that if she didn't go to sleep, she wouldn't be able to wake up in the morning to open the museum. Minutes later, both kids were asleep.
I should have gone straight to sleep, too because they were both up bright and early this morning moving their "art" into the room. (By the way, Ketchup kept telling Bounce as he was doing his art that "It's OK to scribble-scrabble because it's just art.")
The big moment finally arrived, and I was invited to be the first guest at the museum. They each had a picture (Bounce-first pic & Ketchup-second), and they had Sandman there to be a sculpture to show what "bones really feel like." This was by far my most memorable trip to a museum. Hope you enjoy the pics.


No comments: